Turnaround’s Back to Basics Series in Psychology Today
- The first article, “The Recipe for Reducing Stress and Boosting Health,” highlights eight simple practices anyone can adopt today to emerge from the coronavirus pandemic with new lifestyle habits that promote health and wellness.
- The second, “Why Exercise Is Mother Nature’s Magic Pill,” explains the science of exercise and how it protects our mind and our body against illness.
- The third, “Why Sleep Is the Clean-Up Crew for Your Brain,” explores the science of sleep and how it can improve mood, mental wellness and physical health.
- The fourth, “Use Your Fork Wisely to Clean Up Your Immune System,” explains how thoughtful nutritional choices can help supercharge the intelligence of our immune systems.
- The fifth, “Meditation is a Medically Proven Antidote to Chronic Stress,” focuses on the science of meditation and its holistic benefits.
- The sixth, “Setting Gratitude As Your Magnetic North,” examines how adopting an attitude of gratitude catalyzes “upward spiral” biochemistry that boosts mood and health.
- The seventh, “The Neurobiology of Service: How 1+1 Can Equal 3,” explains how being of service to others can strengthen our physical health and psychological well-being.
- The eight, “Reaching for Quality Time,” outlines the basics of self-care and how quality time with ourselves and those we love revitalizes our health.
- And the ninth, “Stay Close to People Who Feel Like Sunlight,” discusses why human connection is vital in trying times.
All of the articles originally appeared in Turnaround’s The 180 Blog.