Introducing the Well-Being Index
To help educators assess student well-being directly, quickly, and frequently, both in-person and virtually, Turnaround for Children has developed a free new tool: The Well-Being Index. This tool can minimize making assumptions about students and instead support students to understand and look after their own well-being.
- Well-Being Index: Secondary: A self-assessment tool for educators teaching grades 6-12 to administer with their students. For in-person learning, educators can administer the self-assessment physically with printed forms. To facilitate virtual administration, this form can also be shared as a fillable PDF.
- Well-Being Index: Elementary: A self-assessment tool for educators teaching grades 3-5 to administer with their students. For in-person learning, educators can administer the self-assessment physically with printed forms. To facilitate virtual administration, this form can also be shared as a fillable PDF.
- Educator Guide: The educator guide introduces teachers to the purpose and use of the Well-Being Index and provides detailed instructions on how to review and reflect on the data and next steps to consider upon data reflection.
- Scoring Supports: This supplementary tool can be used after administration of the Well-Being Index to organize and visualize the data. Scores can be viewed by student and collectively as a class to help educators build both universal and integrated, targeted supports.
Sign up for free download access to both versions of the Well-Being Index, the scoring sheets and the educator’s guide from Turnaround here.
Preparing To Lead Change
The Whole-Child Inventory is a reflection tool used by school teams for the purpose of thinking about their current school systems, structures, and practices through a whole-child lens. The tool is meant to prompt meaningful discussion and collaboration, leading to the celebration of strengths and identifying opportunities for growth.
Sign up to receive updates about accessing the Whole-Child Inventory and other measurement tools from Turnaround.
- Easy to use and understand
- Helps educators refine school goals aligned with a whole-child purpose
The Whole-Child Inventory indicates the highest leverage systems, structures, and practices, aligned with Turnaround for Children’s Vision for School and Student Success, that educators must focus on to optimally promote whole-child development in schools.
The tool consists of five sections:
- Whole-Child Purpose
- Leadership and Shared Ownership
- Supportive Environment
- Developmental Relationships
- Integrated Academic, Skill and Mindset Development