Join Turnaround for Children at these upcoming events:
8/4 Returning to School with a Whole-Child Approach Webinar
- 9:00am PT Join Pamela Cantor M.D. and Tom Vander Ark of Getting smart for a virtual fireside chat with two district leaders to hear how they’re planning to return to school with an equity focused whole child approach. Register here.
8/9-11 ASU+GSV Summit
Christina Theokas joins a series of panel discussions throughout the event:
- 8/9 “Middle School Career Exploration in the Wake of the Pandemic Recovery” on what middle-grade career exploration will look like in the wake of COVID-19 recovery, from 3:30-4:15 pm PT.
- 8/10 “The Future of Academic Measurement: The End of the Big Test,” on how to make better use of formative assessment and include better, broader, less intrusive measurement of learner growth, from 2:55-3:35 pm PT.
- 8/11 “Injecting Science into the Art of Relationship Building” on strategies, technology and tools that can help educators and students co-create trusting relationships, from 10:10-10:50 am PT.
- 8/11 “Learner Variability and Whole Child Learning is Key to Supporting All Learners,” on how schools can support the academic and social-emotional needs of all students, from 10:55-11:35 am PT.
10/25-27 Aurora Institute Symposium 2021
- 10/25 Presentation by Gretchen Livesey and MenSa Ankh Maa, “Whole-Child Design: How To Use The Science of Learning and Development to Redesign Classrooms, Schools, and Systems and Accelerate Healthy Development, Learning, and Thriving,” from 3:40-4:00 pm ET.
- 10/26 Keynote presentation by Pamela Cantor M.D. and Linda-Darling Hammond, “Transforming Toward Equity-Centered, Whole-Child Personalized Learning,” from 11:00-11:45 am ET.
- 10/27 Presentation by Tami Hill-Washington, Ed.M. and Renee Prince, LCSW, “Integrating Systems Of Support: How To Design Equitable School Environments That Meet Students’ Individual Needs Through A Holistic Approach,” from 1:15-1:35 pm ET.